Messiah's Market serves those in need of food assistance primarily in Loudoun County. Currently in Loudoun County 1 in 6 children are confronted with food insecurity in their home. Food insecurity can happen to any person at any time - it happens when an individual lacks reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food. We often see this during unemployment, waiting for a new job to begin, disability, college students, under employment, unexpected illness or accident, or new to the area.
Visit our Amazon Wish List to send our most needed items directly to us!
Host a food drive in your office or neighborhood and drop items off during our designated drop off times. (Monday - Thursday 9:00a-10:00a ; Sundays 9:00a-1:00p)
Top Ten Requested Items:
- Breakfast items (pancake mix, large oatmeal, syrup, cereal)
- Canned fruit packed in water
- Ready to eat soups - low sodium, vegetarian options
- Rice - 1 lb bags preferred, brown or white rice
- Jelly - grape, strawberry
- Individual fruit cups - packed in water or fruit juice - peaches, pears, mandarin oranges, or applesauce
- Canned meat - packed in water tuna, chicken, or salmon
- Pasta - gluten free, different shapes, veggie pasta
- Tomato products - paste, diced, stewed, whole, sauce, Alfredo sauce
- Canned meals - chef boyardee - ravioli, spaghettios, and spaghetti and meatballs
Please note our "No Thank You" items:
- personal hygiene items
- household items
- baby items
Looking to volunteer?
If looking to volunteer on a regular basis please start here:
Fill out the form here to be contacted by one of our team members.
Who can volunteer?
- Individuals must be 18 years old to volunteer by themselves
- Youth under the age of 18 years may volunteer alongside of a parent depending on the volunteer role
- Individuals do not need to be a member of Community Church to volunteer
*volunteers who actively serve can have service hours signed off on
What kinds of tasks do volunteers do?
Volunteers assist in a variety of tasks such as:
- driving to pick up donations from partner stores
- weighing, sorting, and stocking food donations
- hosting during shopping hours to help shoppers choose food, and at times help shoppers to their cars
What is the time commitment for volunteering?
- We ask that volunteers serve a minimum of twice a month
- Each volunteer shift is typically 2-3 hours in length
- There are shifts available every day except for Fridays
Hours of Operation:
- Monday & Tuesday | 7:00p - 8:00p
- Shoppers are served beginning at 7:00p
Who do we serve:
- We help those in Loudoun and Fairfax County
- Bring your photo ID and current bill with a current address
- We do not verify income
- Our address is 19790 Ashburn Road, Ashburn, VA 20147
- We are located behind the large brick church building, and across from the football field
What items are available:
- We are a self select pantry, where shoppers are free to choose the items that best fit their household within the set limits
- All of our food items are donated, and therefore we are limited to the selection of those items
- We only offer assistance with food items, we do not carry household or personal items
We look forward to serving you! If you have any questions, please contact Anna Bickham for more info.