Messiah's Market serves those in need of food assistance primarily in Loudoun County. Currently in Loudoun County 1 in 6 children are confronted with food insecurity in their home. Food insecurity can happen to any person at any time - it happens when an individual lacks reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food. We often see this during unemployment, waiting for a new job to begin, disability, college students, under employment, unexpected illness or accident, or new to the area.
Our Hours of Operation are:
Monday & Tuesday | 7:00p - 8:00p
Who can volunteer?
- Individuals must be 18 years old to volunteer by themselves
- Youth under the age of 18 years may volunteer alongside of a parent depending on the volunteer role
- Individuals do not need to be a member of Community Church to volunteer
*volunteers who actively serve can have service hours signed off on
What kinds of tasks do volunteers do?
Volunteers assist in a variety of tasks such as:
- driving to pick up donations from partner stores
- weighing, sorting, and stocking food donations
- hosting during shopping hours to help shoppers choose food, and at times help shoppers to their cars
What is the time commitment for volunteering?
- We ask that volunteers serve a minimum of twice a month
- Each volunteer shift is typically 2-3 hours in length
- There are shifts available every day except for Fridays
Other ways to help:
Host a food drive in your office or neighborhood and drop items off during our designated drop off times. (Monday - Thursday 9:00a-10:00a ; Sundays 9:00a-1:00p)
Top Ten Requested Items:
- Canned meals
- Ready to eat soups
- Peanut butter & jelly
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Canned meat (tuna / chicken)
- Tomato products
- Canned fruit packed in water
- Rice (1 lb bags preferred)
- Breakfast items (pancake mix, large oatmeal, syrup, cereal)
We look forward to connecting with you! Please contact Anna Bickham for more info.